Visit our Degree Requirements page to learn more about this program.
Fall: July 1
Spring: November 1
Admission to the Master of Science in Information Technology is highly competitive. The decision is made based on a holistic review of the application, including:
- prior IT-related coursework or work experience
- prior academic experience
- Waiver of the Graduate Admissions Entrance Exam or Graduate Admissions Entrance Examination scores (GRE, MAT, LSAT, or GMAT). To request a waiver, complete the online Entrance Exam Waiver Request Form. Entrance exam can be waived for master’s and specialist applicants who meet ONE of the following criteria:
- A completed Master’s, JD, MD, or PhD degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher from a regionally accredited institution;
- Two years of professional experience working in the information or information technology field and a 3.0 or higher upper‐division undergraduate GPA from a regionally accredited institution; or
- FSU undergraduate students with an upper‐division information technology GPA of 3.2 or higher and an overall GPA of 3.4 or higher.
- English Language Proficiency exam (TOEFL, IBT, or IELTS – required of international applicants ONLY).
For more information, please submit an information request.
The process of starting an online education is involved, but it can be easy. Everything can be done online — from applying to planning the course of your education. Applying can be as easy as 1-2-3.
Step 1 – Apply to The School of Information
Submit the online School of Information Supplemental Application.
Step 2 – Apply to The Florida State University
Submit the online University Graduate Application. Students will be required to apply to the University and pay an application fee (online). With your University Graduate Application, you will be required to include the following:
- Upload a copy of your current resume
Step 3 – Submit Official Graduate Admissions Entrance Exam Test Scores and Transcripts
An official copy of your graduate admission entrance exam test scores should be sent directly to the University Office of Admissions, as well as official transcripts from each college or university attended. If you previously attended FSU, you will not need to submit an official FSU transcript. All test scores and transcripts must be sent to:
Florida State University
Office of Admissions
282 Champions Way
PO Box 3062400
Tallahassee FL 32306-2400
NOTE: International Applicants should also request that official test scores from an approved English Language Proficiency Exam be sent to the University Office of Admissions address above.
How to Check Your Application Status
The Online Status Check tool is where applicants can monitor the progress of their applications. To enter, simply log in with your FSUID and password.