Faculty, staff, and students at the Florida State University School of Information (Florida’s iSchool) recognize the profound importance of connecting people, information, and technology for the betterment of society. We demonstrate our commitment to universal information creation, access, use, and evaluation within a dynamic culture of emerging technology through innovative teaching, research, and service.
We are committed to preparing information professionals with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and attitudes to overcome information challenges in all organizations. Our dedication to innovative and interdisciplinary research, collaboration, service, and leadership; respect for diversity; and commitment to ongoing professional development make a vital contribution to the University’s mission as a research-extensive institution.
People & Information: Making Vital Connections
Our Core Values
The School of Information is committed to:
- Excellence and innovation in research, teaching, and service;
- Interdisciplinary collaboration to actively engage and solve information problems;
- Service and leadership in the profession, nationally and internationally;
- Recognition and respect for ensuring diversity, establishing access, and encouraging responsibility; and
- Continual professional development to meet the emerging demands of the information fields.
The School of Information will:
- demonstrate excellence in scholarship, teaching, and collaborative partnerships.
- have a state-of-the-art infrastructure to fully support scholarship, teaching, and collaborative partnerships.
- be an environment that fosters information entrepreneurship.
- have ample and sustainable financial resources to support excellence in our mission.